Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Mom Mullet

It's not a desirable hair style. It just happens.

You have a baby then. BAM. Two months later...

You start loosing hair.

I remember reading about this in one of my 4,762 3 baby and parenting books. I'm sure it will be over soon...

But you know what?! It won't. It will last for months.

You will think that "any day now" this whole shebang will stop.

But it won't.

I realized it was a problem when I noticed it wrapped and tangled around the Boo's hands.

Then I noticed it stuck under her chin. (Around her neck, but really 5 month olds don't have necks. It's just head, chin, and shoulders. No neck. That comes later.)

Stuck on the Bird's clothes.

Clogging the bathroom drain.

But, I denied it. I pretended it wasn't a problem until my other half pointed out that in the morning when he put on his clothes that he had to pull out my hair from sticking to his shirts.

It's bad.

Like really bad.

I've contemplated cutting my hair. Short. Like Mylie Cyrus short.

But I don't look good in bright red lip stick so I nixed that.

I even thought about using the dog brush. You know, the firminator, to help "eliminated unwanted hair."

Probably not a good idea though.

Really, I don't have a solution.

What's worse than hair that's falling out? Hair that grows back all at once. Enter the mom mullet.

Fingers crossed that maybe it will grow back thicker, fuller, and with 10x the volume. Then maybe I'll land the job as a Pantene model.

8 comments:

  1. ha ha..I am embracing myself for my 3rd shedding of hair again after #3 in August. It took about 12 mnths to get right after #2. The whispy sideys and electro-static fringe is the best....NOT!!! Yep, cutting it short for me was the only way. Not Miley short though. Like you, red lippy and me is not a good look. I hated straightening my hair for all the strands left on the floor. I reckon my vacuum cleaner nearly carked it for all the hair. It will definetley grow back, but it will most probably be, definetely be changed. You should check out http://www.thebeetleshack.com/. Em just posted the exact same topic today. The joys of being a mumma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new little one on the way. Lovely blog. I'm with you hair straightening just yanks out even more. And, yes, the vacuum will never be the same. It's a loose-loose situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think my comment went through last week! I have always lost hair, even before kids. Worst of all, now with my 2 year old, I keep finding it hanging out his mouth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely know that feeling. I've found it in baby poop before. Not good. Not good at all.

      Delete
  4. Oh and thank you so much for linking this post on Mummy Mondays last week, the good news is it was one of the most popular and therefore I'm featuring it on the linky tomorrow. Would love to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited!!! What an honor. Looking forward to joining you all again tomorrow.

      Delete
  5. I remember the 'shedding well! I've ended up with a kind of Dolly Cut: think Suzy Quatro- but shorter only not quite so short as Florence Henderson ( Mrs Brady)
    It's basically a chick's mullet with a bit more scruffiness.
    Clever layers can give your hair kick and make it look thicker but too much can thin it out.

    Mine thickened up again eventually. I have some very nice style pictures on this post: http://www.rugrat-rodeos.com/2013/05/shag-delic-baby.html - The first picture I just take to the hairdresser each time. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good shag! I also agree that McGyver was the only person to rock a mullet. But, yes, maybe I need a good hair cut to help tame this mess! Thanks for visiting The Bird & The Boo.

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS